Tuesday, August 21, 2012

my Small Batch - Peach Jalapeno Preserves =D


GOOD Morning!!! 


My inspiration along with very good step by set instructions & photos  -> http://taste-for-adventure.tablespoon.com/2011/09/13/peach-jalapeno-jam/

all the ingredients
OK ...  I wimped out! 
I was going to use 2 peppers, but when 
I sampled the first one (yikes) 
do that get hotter when they turn red?
   or am I becoming a sissy in my old age? 


… and my adaptation  =D  

3 medium/large peaches  
                - I used 2 white and 1 yellow - diced 
1 small Jalapeno (2 if you like SPICY)
               - I used a red one (pretty) finely diced 

1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon granular cane sugar 
Juice of 1/2 lemon  
1 teaspoon low/no sugar pectin 
  




adding it all to simmer
after about 15 min simmer 

all clean warn and ready  to fill

processed 10 min  - cooling off  & looking beautiful
yes, I liked the spatula and it turned out quite tasty - lots of great peachy flavor and a little bit of peppery heat!     oh, man!  I can hardly wait  =D


also check out round 2 - Small Batch  Ginger Lemon Basil Peaches Preserves  even better than the first  =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!!!